2006/03/04

24th Feb. Fri.

The first night of Carnival is tonight. From the bus into town I saw some Carnival decorations, purple foil masks pinned to a front door and I think Ricardo asked the pretty girl on the bus where she would be for Carnival.

Apart from that there's little sign of the impending party.

This morning I caught a few waves, not on my feet but stil it's getting easier. I'll go out again for the evening session and paddle until I'm to tired to continue.

Last night Ricardo met with a girl he's seeing, Natalia and I was invited along. I have to try hard at such times to not get frustrated with my lack of language. Still I'm learning, faster than a new born baby I think.

Anyway, the surf at sunset yesterday was awesome.

As I was paddling out two smiling faces were pointing my way and I was greeted as a brother by Ricardo's awesome friends who happen to be surf instructors also.

So while the sun set behind palm trees and mountains I was encourged and literally pushed in the right direction to ride lots of gental, 1m-1.5m, waves.

My only regret is having critisised the water quality on my first day. It must have been a heavy day in the river because since then the water has been clear and beautiful. In the morning you see fish dancing in the waves, leaping from the peaks and splashing about in the sun.

As Ricardo says, this place is paradise with only one thing lacking, young women. Still that might be a blessing in disguise. Who kows? I miss Jade a bit.