...in São Luiz at least Carnival is over.
As Ricardo and I were packing up the tent the camping ground was almost empty and as we walked to the bus station the little town of São Luiz was tidying up the streets and turning itself back to normal.
When i got up today I have to admit I was thankful Carnival was not longer. 4 days solidly dancing in the street, drinking each night and trekking all over São Luiz with various new friends at all hours is about the limit of my comfort.
We're on the bus back, Ricardo hasn't finished making new girl friends but I have, I'm exhausted and want to sleep for a few days before I get down to exploring the options of where I'm going to live and work for some time.
I hope we get back in time for a sunset surf. Surf, food and sleep. That's the rest I desire now.