So that was a week ago.
Basically the day after gettign back from Carnival I went to São Paulo to try to get on the job hunt. I got ill, my back gave me so much trouble my legs and arms hurt and I couldn't really sleep. Tati and her mother cared for me really well and despite all the pain and Tati having to work most evening I had a really good stay in São Paulo. I got on well with all the family and the curious neighbourhood children. I stayed longer than I had planned, repeatedly being encouraged to delay my departure.
I left São Paulo, named a by Tati's mother as her gringo filio (son) and with a perscription for some anti-inflamitories and physiotherpy and instructions to take 5 days rest which I am still doing now.
I had one bad day in Bertioga, feeling frustrated and down but since then I have been enjoying my rest days. I've been doing a little work on Ricardo's machine and getting out for gentle stroles on the beach, etc.
I've got the same problem as always: I can't wait to be better, I just need to have some patience I think. Bertioga seems to be the place to find it.