2006/02/18

Wed 1st Feb.

Happy B´day James wherever U R. I tried to call but couldn´t get through.

Sitting down to b´fast to find us already in Buenos Aires I was a little caught off guard. This seemed to be the theme for the day.

When I could have been packing I was putting some sleep in the bank so, when lunch was rudly interupted by Customs wanting us to sit with them while they copied some numbers I was a little annoyed. They wanted us to leave with them and were quite impatient about it.

It worked out pretty well however. The timing was such that I was sat outside the port trying to get some bearings as Jacob was leaving. He´s the only crew member who lives in B.A. and he showed me to the bank, a nice hotel and gave me some pointers re. the city.

So after checking in I found a cheaper place to stay and had a little roam around, visited the interent and such.

Knowing the local custom is to eat late I went out at about 8pm for some dinner. It seems I was early by at least an hour.

I´ll stay in B.A. for a week so I have plenty of time to search-out the fun and excitement.