I have been back in London since the end of April. Almost half a year has passed since the journey physically came full circle. I am not in the same place I started in.
"I hardly feel like I was away. I'm back to the same old routine. Nothing has changed."
Not one of the those statements is true. The journey is not over. It goes on... for the rest of my life... perhaps on even further.
I have to say that my feet remain itchy for the highway but apart from that my body and mind crave days and nights, weeks and seasons passed in the tropical climes of South America. Friends abroad and friends at home are a part of me with or without the distances.
The seasons change outside my window, green leaves turn red, dry out and will inevitable fall. The night is longer than the day and gets longer still. Winter here is like that.
This morning I thought about approaching a girl I saw across the road to introduce myself and ask who she was. But strangers don't seem as approachable and it will take courage to bring some of the tropics back out in the UK.