2009/04/01

8 Weeks in New Orleans




fig.1




fig.2




fig.3




fig.4




fig.5




fig.6




For the last eight weeks I have been in New Orleans. Mardi Gras marked the penultimate stage-post of the journey I undertook when I set out from London at the end of 2005.

Along with the experience of spending a couple of months in one of America's most unusual, cultural mixes came the opportunity to finish and broadcast a lot of previously incomplete artwork that I have had with me for the last year.

Images are above and accompanying texts are below. Please feel free to get in touch with good intentions.

___

fig.1: Unflying Bird
Indian ink and correction fluid on paper.
Started: Sao Paulo (Late 2007) Finished: New Orleans (March 2009)


fig.2: Dog Draws
Indian ink and watercolor on decent art paper.
Inked: Belem, Brazil (May 2008) Colored: Tula, Hidalgo, Mexico (November 2008)


fig.3: Flower God
Indian ink and watercolor on paper.
Inked: Peru (August 2008) Colored: Tula, Hidalgo, Mexico (November 2008)


fig.4: Core Heart
Bic ball-point pen and watercolor.
Tula, Hidalgo, Mexico (November 2008)


fig.5: First Oil
Oil on hardboard - 40cm x 40cm
Tula, Hidalgo, Mexico (December 2008)


fig.6: NOLA Series of Small Cards
Indian ink, watercolor and correction fluid on decent art card.
New Orleans, USA (March 2009)