2009/03/31

Sat. St. Patricks Day (2009)

We did some successful "pan handling" today. That's asking people for money and getting it. My question was, "Do you happen to have enough money to give me some?"...Guess it's an idea I've been playing with for some time. Only fault is we used the money to buy cookies thus feeding the junk food industry and my sugar craving, something I'd "given-up for lent". Deep down in my heart God had said to resist the temptation and to enjoy an early night - May be I'll be sent more toothpain.

As we walked the St. Patrick's Night, drunk-filled, French Quarter streets I'd give people the cupped-hand-wave-slash-prana-energy-beam and receive lots of smiles, 'howdies' and waves in response. One guy however exploded into weird, aggressive retaliation. He had disturbing emotions running through him which attracted me to see if I could ease his troubled mind. Problem was, I approached with a mix of the monkey walk and a malandro prance and he had the fear on him so my percistant presence just seemed to upset him. All I'd meant originally was to have my blessing well received.

With cookies, Richie and I had tea and stayed up talking. Amongst other things I recounted sexual encounters since leaving Sao Paulo. The story of the peruvian nun is exciting. Richie thinks that I should include it in the book and I guess he's right.

Other than that today I've just been drawing between meals taken up in Richie's appartment.