Sometimes I hit a good roll, nothing major, just enough good moments in a row to make me take note of how well things are going.
On this ocassion I'm just happy learning Portuguese and being in this friendly, social place.
First I managed to ask the bus driver if he as going to a certain place and if he'd drop me there, and understood when he did.
Second, I managed to make arrangements at the hospital to see someone for physiotherapy.
On the bus back I planned my flyer for English lessons and then was looking at this pretty girl. She turned round smiled, waved, got up, came over, gave me a kiss and sat down with me. WOW!
She remembered me from the week before, asking her about buses and she remembered my name even.
We had a little conversation and I understood what she was saying.
NEXT!! Back in São Lurenço the local gardener acknowledged me with a thumbs-up, then I recognised the owner of the guest house and called out to her. We chatted about all sorts and she said how I had learnt a lot and invited me and Ricardo to go round later for some food.
At another time these things might not seem much but it's definately the little things that put you in a good mood.